« A field guide to recycled Wal-Marts | Main | Corporate Vocabulary »

Stay Free! t-shirts for sale

Panexa_1 In a renewed quest to financially justify the time I spend on Stay Free!, I've started a t-shirt "shop" via CafePress.com (which, btw, I recommend). The Panexa shirt was taken from a popular drug ad parody by my co-blogger, Jason Torchinsky. Here's what the back says. (People have asked us to bring back the Panexa ad banners, but they don't really fit on the site; you're more than welcome to steal, though)  The other shirt designs -- with the exception of the Stay Free! logo tee -- use parody logos my people came up with for Stay Free! #20....well, except the Coke thing, which someone sent us many years ago (please get it touch if you're out there).

Logos2

Posted by carrie on 04/07/2005 | Permalink

Comments

Love the shirts. Any chance you might also give mugs and tote bags a try?

Posted by: sarra | Apr 7, 2005 10:44:33 PM

I'd like to do mug for Panexa; you know, make it look like one of the promo items pharmaceutical companies make and give out to doctors. But for the moment I'm cafepressed out. I want to see how this stuff sells before adding more. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted by: carrie | Apr 8, 2005 11:26:02 AM

I'd buy a mug too. I don't wear t-shirts but I think the Panexa thing is fab.

Posted by: dodo | Apr 8, 2005 1:03:28 PM

Any chance you could get some shirts not made in sweatshops? I think CafePress has the option to use American Apparel shirts.

Posted by: Jake | Apr 12, 2005 12:32:52 AM

There already are shirts not made in sweatshops up there (labeled "made in America"). I didn't use the American Apparel men's t-shirts because they are tight-fitting and most of the guys I know don't want body-hugging t-shirts.

Posted by: carrie | Apr 12, 2005 11:43:49 AM

I've heard the Cafepress shirts are really chintzy... anyone deny this? I'd love one if it were of high quality.

Posted by: Doug | Apr 12, 2005 12:40:30 PM

I bought a few shirts myself before posting this and the t-shirts are are the standard heavy-weight Hanes and American Apparel variety. They're not silkscreened, though, and some people would rather have sillkscreened shirts.

The digital process CafePress uses does photos and color-shading better than silkscreening. The one catch is that after the first wash, you can sorta see the transparent material behind the image (somewhat like an iron-on). Ironing the shirt takes care of the problem, though, and after several washes, the images fades into the shirt. (I have an old heat-transferred shirt and I can't tell the difference between it and a silkscreened one.)

If you aren't happy with the quality, you can return shirts to CafePress within 30 days. And if you do have any problem, please let me know. (We're only making about $2 per shirt so it's not like I have a lot riding on this...)

Posted by: carrie | Apr 12, 2005 1:14:22 PM