« "It's just easier" | Main | You can go to prison for that? »

Fat Dude Nation

Eat_thisFor all the fuss that Big Cholesterol is making about the upcoming movie Fast Food Nation, in context the anti-FFN PR blitz is clearly the backup plan. The primary plan? Make the world so fat that they can't rouse themselves to protest.

In the wake of Super Size Me and Fast Food Nation, the fast food industry has introduced:

1)  Meatnormous Omelet Sandwich (Burger King, two slices of melted American Cheese, two eggs, three strips of bacon, two sausage patties and two slices of ham on a toasted bun, 740 calories)

2) Monster Thickburger (Hardee's, two 1/3-pound beef patties, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun - 1420 calories)

3) Famous Bowls (KFC, bowl of mashed potatoes, corn, fried chicken strips, cheese and gravy - 690 calories)

...and now McDonald's is introducing a Bigger Mac (actual name TBD).

I understand that they are responding to what consumers want. All I ask is that they drop the pretense that they care about nutrition. They shouldn't even be able to have a "Nutrition" link on their websites - or if there is a link, all it should say is "Like you care, fatty. Just eat it."

Posted by Charles Star on 05/25/2006 | Permalink

Comments

This reminds me something I heard on NPR on Tuesday. In a report about Guantanamo Bay, the announcer chirped that "prisoners are treated so well, some of them are even getting obese!"

Posted by: carrie | May 25, 2006 1:32:00 PM

I'm afraid of the thing in the bowl.

Posted by: OccultJam | May 27, 2006 10:26:05 PM

I dont really understand why they added cheese to the famous kfc bowl, It probably adds 100 calories to the total but, at 690 for a meal its not that bad. This is how I ate chicken fried steak my whole childhood. Come to think of it I was a pretty fat kid.

Posted by: c-bot | May 30, 2006 1:54:59 PM

I'm pretty disturbed by the whole new Burger King ads that play up the manliness of eating meat and to hell with the health implications. Being healthy is for girls, I guess! This MEATY equals MANLY thing is really distressing.

Posted by: Dan Gillotte | May 30, 2006 9:05:35 PM

Though Shoney's is a "sit-down" restaurant, they have introduced a really appetizing item along the lines of those mentioned above. It's the Grizzly! Your arteries and bowels will for sure be pretty grizzly after eating a few: http://www.shoneysmedia.com/

Note there's even a Giant Grizzly!

Posted by: chak | Jun 10, 2006 7:14:31 PM

hey all the grizzly guys out dere... the food on the top of the screen is making me really hungry so im eatin marsbar now.. mc dan yup dats my name... im gonna roll by the flow and eat the candy cane i wont be mane.fat dude rule 2007

Posted by: ieada cow | Feb 28, 2007 7:36:51 AM