« To Catch a Terrorist. Or not. | Main | End Planetary Discrimination Now! »

MyRace

Myracist_1

MySpace is horrible for a lot of reasons: unreliable software; ugly profile templates; fake profiles that redirect to NSFW webcam sites; talking ads(a screaming valley girl emoticon is a different kind of NSFW) and Dane Cook. And now you can add racism.

One of the reasons that the templates are so horrible is that they have to accomodate stupid animation games for a ringtone company. Take a look at the latest contest. You play the "savage" - I leave it up to you to decide whether this is more or less racist than playing a gorilla trying to hit a savage with a coconut.

Is all this enough to get me off of MySpace? Probably not. You can add "failure to make me rich and famous" to the crimes of MySpace - but I'm still optimistic.

Screencap via Liam McEneaney

Posted by Charles Star on 08/22/2006 | Permalink

Comments

But I got a cool ring tone when I smashed that nasty gorilla! Sigh. I'm wondering who came up with this game, where they work, et cetera. Something like this should draw some attention. Did you find this on MySpace, Liam, or was it brought to your attention?

www.todbrilliant.com

Posted by: todbrilliant | Aug 22, 2006 9:03:49 PM

I found it on MySpace but didn't know how to pull a still screencap out of an animation. Then Liam wrote about it and I stole the image from him.

Posted by: Charles Star | Aug 23, 2006 7:57:08 AM

pure evil. and those profile templates are horrific. i will never understand that place.

Posted by: claytron | Aug 23, 2006 10:54:02 PM

Are you fucking serious? Racism is everywhere, just because its a battle of white versus black doesn't mean its racist. And everyone knows myspace is primarily composed of Teenagers, whores and perverts; but there are still people who use it to communicate with each other and promote their music or art

Posted by: Grim | Jan 1, 2007 1:13:26 AM

I haven't seen those kind of ads in months since I downloaded FlashBlock (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/) for Firefox. I highly recommend you download it, too. You will be glad.

Posted by: Tauno | Jan 19, 2007 5:36:29 PM